14 Sep Public notice – referendum list – Whitlock West sector
Addressed to all qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the Whitlock West sector.
PUBLIC NOTICE is, hereby, given by Melissa Legault, Town Clerk of the Town of Hudson, as follows:
1. At a meeting of Council held on September 6, 2022, the Council of the Town of Hudson adopted By-Law No 756 entitled “By-Law 756-2022 to provide for a loan in the amount of $150,000.00 and an expenditure of $150,000.00 for the replacement of the membrane at the Whitlock West waste water treatment plant”.
2. Any qualified voter entitled to have his name entered on the referendum list of the concerned area in the Town of Hudson may demand that a referendum poll be held for this by-law, by entering his name, address and capacity in the register open for this purpose.
The qualified voters who wish to register must also produce identification by presenting his or her health insurance card, driver’s permit or Canadian passport, Indian status certificate or an Armed Forces identity card.
3. This register will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at the Town Hall, 481 Main, Hudson.
4. The number of signatures required, in respect of this By-Law, in order that a referendum poll be held is 20. If this number is not reached, this by-law will be deemed approved by the qualified voters.
5. The results of the registration procedure will be announced at the Town Hall on September 21, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
6. This by-law may be consulted on the Town’s website as well as at the Town Hall, 481 Main, Hudson from Monday to Thursday between 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 13:00 p.m.
Conditions to be a qualified voter entitled to have his name entered on the referendum list in the concerned area:
7. Every person who, on the date of reference, which is on September 6, 2022, is not disqualified from voting under section 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities and meets the following requirements:
- be a physical person domiciled in the sector and have been domiciled for at least six (6) months in Québec and;
- be the age of majority and a Canadian citizen and not be under Curatorship.
8. Every sole proprietor of a property or sole occupant of a business establishment of the sector concerned who is not incapacitated to vote and meets the following conditions:
- be the owner of a property or sole occupant of a business establishment located in the sector concerned for at least twelve (12) months;
- in the case of a physical person, be the age of majority and a Canadian citizen, and must not be under Curatorship.
9. Any undivided co-owner of a property or co-occupant of a business establishment in the sector concerned which has no incapacity to vote and meets the following conditions:
- be an undivided co-owner of a property or co-occupant of a business establishment located in the sector concerned for at least twelve (12) months;
- be designated by a power of attorney signed by the majority of the persons who are co-owners or co-occupants for at least twelve (12) months, designated as the one who has the right to sign the register on their behalf and to be registered on the referendum list sector concerned, should the case arise. This power of attorney must be produced before or during at the signing of the register.
10. A legal person must also have designated by resolution, from its members, administrators or employees, a person who, on September 6th, 2022 and when exercising that right, is the age of majority and a Canadian citizen, who is not under curatorship and does not have any inability to vote as prescribed by Law.
11. Sketch of the concerned area:
Given at Hudson
This 14th day of September 2022