08 Aug Caution! Door-to-door sales fraud
- Individuals claiming to represent the government are soliciting homeowners to have their attics insulated. In addition, they ask to take photos of the homeowner’s identification.
- Homeowners who have signed contracts have found themselves cheated out of thousands of dollars.
- No government body, including the Town, has mandated any businesses or individuals to go door-to-door to solicit homeowners to insulate their attics.
- A soliciting or peddling permit is required to solicit at your home or business to sell merchandise, offer a service or solicit a donation.
- There are currently no soliciting or peddling permits in effect in the Town of Hudson.
- In the event that you are solicited by an individual without a permit, we invite you to call the Sûreté du Québec at 450-424-1212.