26 Jun water consumption and Lawn watering
In September 2019, a new Bylaw on the use of drinking water from the municipal aqueduct came into force. This bylaw allows lawns to be watered with watering systems at set times and on set days, according to the civic number :
- Monday for dwellings whose civic number ends in 0 or 1;
- Tuesday for dwellings whose civic number ends with 2 or 3;
- Wednesday for dwellings with civic numbers ending in 4 or 5;
- Thursday for dwellings with civic numbers ending in 6 or 7;
- Friday for homes with civic numbers ending in 8 or 9;
The use of sprinklers for the recreational use of children is permitted, with the presence and supervision of an adult at all times of use.
Please note that no watering permit for a new lawn will be issued between July 1 and August 31.
Manual watering of a garden, vegetable garden, flower box, planter, flower bed, tree or shrub is permitted at all times with a self-closing nozzle.
The Bylaw can be viewed here: https://hudson.quebec/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Regl_723_Eau_potable_pv_correction-2.pdf
For any questions regarding watering and use of drinking water from the municipal aqueduct, please contact the urban planning department.