03 Oct Public Notice – Addressed to all qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the Town of Hudson in the following sector:
All immovables connected or connectable to the network of the treatment plant. Please consult the full list available at Town Hall or ON LINE if in doubt.
PUBLIC NOTICE is, hereby, given by Melissa Legault, Town Clerk of the Town of Hudson, as follows:
1. At a meeting of Council held on September 4th, 2018, the Council of the Town of Hudson adopted By-Law No 712 entitled ” By-Law 712-2018 decreeing an expenditure of $ $75,000 and a loan of $ 75,000 for the update of the servers and operating system for the treatment plant on 26 Wharf”.
2. Any qualified voter entitled to have his name entered on the referendum list of the sector concerned of the Town of Hudson may demand that a referendum poll be held for this by-law, by entering his name, address and capacity in the register open for this purpose.
The qualified voters of the sector concerned who wish to register must also produce identification by presenting his or her health insurance card, driver’s permit or Canadian passport, Indian status certificate or an Armed Forces identity card.
3. This register will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 at the Town Hall, 481 Main, Hudson.
4. The number of signatures required, in respect of this By-Law, in order that a referendum poll be held is 137. If this number is not reached, this by-law will be deemed approved by the qualified voters.
5. The results of the registration procedure will be announced at the Town Hall on October 10th, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
6. This by-law may be consulted at the Town Hall, 481 Main, Hudson from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Conditions to be a qualified voter entitled to have his name entered on the referendum list:
7. Every person who, on the date of reference, which is on September 4th, 2018, is not disqualified from voting under section 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities and meets the following requirements:
- be a physical person domiciled in the sector and have been domiciled for at least six (6) months in Québec and;
- be the age of majority and a Canadian citizen and not be under Curatorship.
8. Every sole proprietor of a property or sole occupant of a business establishment of the sector concerned who is not incapacitated to vote and meets the following conditions:
- be the owner of a property or sole occupant of a business establishment located in the sector concerned for at least twelve (12) months;
- in the case of a physical person, be the age of majority and a Canadian citizen, and must not be under Curatorship.
9. Any undivided co-owner of a property or co-occupant of a business establishment in the sector concerned which has no incapacity to vote and meets the following conditions:
- be an undivided co-owner of a property or co-occupant of a business establishment located in the sector concerned for at least twelve (12) months;
- be designated by a power of attorney signed by the majority of the persons who are co-owners or co-occupants for at least twelve (12) months, designated as the one who has the right to sign the register on their behalf and to be registered on the referendum list sector concerned, should the case arise. This power of attorney must be produced before or during at the signing of the register.
10. A legal person must also have designated by resolution, from its members, administrators or employees, a person who, on September 4th, 2018 and when exercising that right, is the age of majority and a Canadian citizen, who is not under curatorship and does not have any inability to vote as prescribed by Law.
Given at Hudson
This 3rd day of October 2018