20 Nov Complete closure of highway 40 in both directions beginning 8:30 pm, Saturday November 23rd 2019
The Ministry of Transport informs road users that the demolition of the Chemin des Chenaux overpass over Highway 40 in Vaudreuil-Dorion will result in the complete closure of Highway 40 in both directions as well as some ramps beginning at 8:30 pm on Saturday, November 23rd. The highway will reopen at 10:30 am Sunday morning, but some ramps will be closed until 8:30 pm Sunday evening.
On the night of Saturday, November 23 at 20:30 to Sunday, November 24 at 10:30 (except two ramps near the overpass that will open at 8:30 pm Sunday evening)
– Highway 40-east at exit 32 (Sorel-Tracy)
– Highway 30 on-ramp from Valleyfield to Highway 40 East (at Exit # 1)
– On-ramp to the Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard roundabout towards Highway 40-east
– Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard on-ramp under Chemin des Chenaux heading eastbound to Highway 40: closed until Sunday at 8:30 pm
– Exit 40 (Senneville Road) from Highway 40-westbound
– Highway 40 service road westbound at boulevard des Anciens-Combattants
– Morgan Boulevard on-ramp to Highway 40-west
– Boulevard des Anciens-Combattants northbound at the Highway 40 westbound access ramp
– Exit 36 (Dumberry Road) off Highway 40 westbound: closed until Sunday at 8:30 pm
Detours will be marked with signs.
In the event of operational constraints or adverse weather conditions, the interventions could be postponed. For all the details and updates, we invite you to consult Québec 511.
The Ministry thanks road users for their collaboration. In order to plan your travel appropriately, find out about current and future obstacles by consulting Québec 511. For the safety of road users and workers, the respect of signage in place is essential.
Ministère des Transports
Tel. : 514 873-5600