17 May 2018 Pipeline Water Crossing Inspection Program
A communiqué from Trans-Northern Pipelines
As part of water crossing monitoring and maintenance program that were completed in 2017, Trans-Northern Pipelines (TNPI) will again complete various inspections of its pipelines. This letter is to inform you that TNPI has contracted BGC Engineering Inc. to conduct our 2018 Water Crossing Inspection Program. Work is to take place beginning on or around mid-May 2018 and ending mid-June (weather and work schedules permitting).
The reason for the survey is to ensure that the pipelines have the necessary cover to maximize their protection along sloped banks and at water crossings. At the site the field crew will be pinpointing the exact location of the pipe(s) using a pipe locating instrument and making observations at the streams and slopes to assess site conditions over or adjacent to our pipeline.
Please note that no excavation or ground disturbance activities will occur.
What to expect:
- Work is scheduled 7 days per week from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM and could happen at any time. Every effort will be made to avoid any disturbance to landowners.
- You may notice a parked vehicle, or see two or three people (wearing high visibility vests) from TNPI or BGC walking on your property to access the right-of-way.
- All vehicles will remain within the road limits or lanes.
- The field work will be done on foot so as not to damage the land. No heavy equipment will enter the property.
- TNPI or BGC worker(s) will spend roughly an hour at the site gathering information on streams and slopes to ensure adequate coverage of our pipeline
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in allowing us to perform inspections required by federal regulations, for your safety and for the safe operation and maintenance of our pipeline. Should you have any questions please call us at 1 (855) 245-2775 for an English representative or 1 (800) 463-7628 for a French representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.